Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Creating Strength

I ran into an amazing piece of support from reaching out to a friend the other day. I had been struggling with feelings of isolation and disconnection from people, and Kim sent me a piece entitled " A Note from the Universe"The message hit me right between the eyes!; it's not the struggles you go through that count - it's how you FINISH - in a position of strength. It came at a time when I was considering giving up on human relationships, on trying to find those strong, deep ones that truly create joy, among the hundreds of casual acquaintance relationships we all have in our lives. I was simply tired of trying! But this video reminded me that the number of times you try DOESN'T COUNT, because if you stop trying before the next try, you won't get there. Whatever your goal, you have to continue to try until you get there, no matter how many times that is; then, and only then, do you finish in strength.
And equally important, the times you try and only make it part way to the goal, don't consider them failures; the strength of your finish is measured by the number of times you try - and keep trying!

Penny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately the video is no longer available due to some "difficulty". However, along the lines you have stated, I've included a quote for the day!

"There's a very positive relationship between people's ability to accomplish any task and
the time they're willing to spend on it."
- Joyce Brothers

So take heart all and keep trying!

Thanks, Penny, for sharing!

Kate