Sunday, August 24, 2008

Create Love

Creativity comes in many forms; today my husband James and I had a chance to create love for others. Participation in the Arizona Children charity bowl-a-thon, courtesy of James' work, allowed us to help raise money to promote adoption of some amazing older children, who need good homes as much or more than the cute babies. Reading the Book of Adoptees made me realize once again how blessed I was by my own two children, now grown adults. Life was not always smooth for us, but I wouldn't change a minute of being in my children's lives. Where else can you learn who you really are ( and sometimes don't want to be!) then by watching your children mimic you. Children help us grow to be better adults; those who never have this chance miss a whole stage of valuable growth. And hopefully, if we try hard enough, we just might pass on a few kernels of wisdom to our kids, also. Did I say that - oops, Mom's don't really know anything, do they?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Penny you hope you know what a special person you are! And you did WONDERFUL things with your son :) He is a great dad and a special person, just like his mom!!I love you and I am so glad and blessed to have you as a mother-in-law.