Saturday, August 23, 2008

Where did I go today?

Since I love to create today was spent as most of my weekends are - trying to create as much beauty in the life of the Paddocks as I can. Today I started a house project; take my enormously bland den and give it a little sunshine. I painted the lower half of the walls with a muted canteloupe color, left the upper half the original desert beige, and will add a saguaro and prickly pear wallpaper border to divide the two areas. Voila - instant desert sun in my tiny office with only one window!!

Deciding that the gold couch in the living room could use some life also, I journeyed to my nearby quilt shop and picked out a lovely print with swirls of gold, beige, and 3 tones of brown to use as the background for new pillow covers. On top will go of course a brown bear with green and black wood tones and a two toned yellow and orange sun to complete the desert look.

No comments: